CommInsure Lifestream Guaranteed Income annuities are a low risk investment option for people who want a guaranteed income throughout their retirement. Clients invest a minimum lump sum of $10,000, either from their super or personal savings.
In return they receive regular, guaranteed payments based on:
- amount invested
- agreed interest rate
- investment term, and
- frequency of payments.
CommInsure Lifestream Guaranteed Income annuities are suitable for individuals or couples, companies, funds and trusts who want a regular retirement income.
Helping clients navigate the 2017 asset test changes
Choosing the right annuity provider
To help your clients choose a quality annuity provider that can meet all their needs, deliver a competitive rate of return and make good on their promises, it’s critical to weigh up 5 factors:
1. A well-diversified, professionally-managed investment portfolio
2. A strong balance sheet
3. Capital adequacy
4. The structure and guarantee behind the annuity
5. Innovative solutions
For more detail about each of the factors you should consider when choosing your clients' annuity provider, take a look at our flyer.
CommInsure Lifestream Guaranteed Income has three different investment options.
- Short Term income: 1 to 5 years
- Long Term income: 6 to 30 years
- Lifetime income: Lifetime
Features and benefits
CommInsure Lifestream Guaranteed Income annuities offer
- Security – your clients’ capital and income are guaranteed, regardless of share market movements or changes to interest rates.
- Flexibility – clients choose their preferred investment term and how often they want to receive payments.
- Tax benefits – clients who invest with their super may be eligible for a 15% tax offset or even tax free payments.
- Protection – clients can fix their interest rate or index in line with inflation.
- Accessibility – at the end of the investment term your clients can access some, or all of their initial capital investment.
Forms and documents
Brochures and Flyers
Forms and Documents
- Policy document
- Tax File Number Declaration form
- Tax File Number Declaration form instructions
- Withholding declaration form
- Super Benefit transfer request form
- Identification form - Australian Companies
- Identification form - Australian regulated trusts and trustees
- Identification form - Australian unregulated trusts and trustees
- Identification form - Individuals
- Self Certification - Individual
- Self Certification - Entity
- Change of details form
- Beneficiary form
Contact your dedicated Retirement BDM
Things you should know:
Lifestream Guaranteed Income Annuities are issued by The Colonial Mutual Life Assurance Society Limited (CMLA), ABN 12 004 021 809, AFSL 235035 a wholly owned but non-guaranteed subsidiary of Commonwealth Bank of Australia ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL 234945 (Bank). CommInsure is a registered business name of the CMLA.
A Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) for Lifestream Guaranteed Income Annuities is available by clicking here. It can also be obtained from your Financial Adviser or by calling CommInsure on 1800 624 100. Please also view our Financial Services Guide.
The Bank and its subsidiaries (excluding CMLA) do not guarantee or in any way stand behind Lifestream Guaranteed Income Annuities or the repayment of capital or interest by CMLA. Investments in these products are not deposits or other liabilities of the Bank or its subsidiaries (excluding CMLA).
The offers made in this PDS are currently available only to persons receiving this document within Australia. Applications from outside Australia will not be accepted.
This information is general advice only. You should consider your personal circumstances, financial objectives and needs and the relevant product disclosure statement before making a decision to purchase or continue to hold a product
Taxation considerations are general and based on present taxation laws and may be subject to change. CMLA is not a registered tax (financial) adviser under the Tax Agent Services Act 2009 and you should seek tax advice from a registered tax agent or a registered tax (financial) adviser if you intend to rely on information in the case study to satisfy the liabilities or obligations or claim entitlements that arise, or could arise, under a taxation law.